Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Oliver B120



Ok. I stole this photo. It's not mine. I neglected to shoot this amp when I had the chance.

These are uncommon. Very good studio bass amp. About 50 watts with 2 6EU7 tubes and a pair of 6L6 tubes. It was noisy and weak. Solution was change the power tubes which were shot, re-bias it and replace the main filter can which had burst. I replaced it with 2x 220@350V caps in series for a total of 110uf @ 700v. Added bleeder resistors across them as well.

Also grounded it and removed the 'death cap'. My customer doesn't enjoy getting shocked and nor should she!!!

This one belongs to 75 dollar bill as well! Do check them out! One of my favorite bands in Brooklyn, or this world for that matter! I love me a band that can get a big sound with little tube amps. They are that band. Hypnotic, dreamy, driving, wild and never too freaking loud that you can't sail with them!

https://75dollarbill.bandcamp.com/
Click here^^^^^^^^
Thank you! JB

No comments:

Post a Comment