Monday, February 7, 2022

1973 Mu-Tron Octave Divider, fun!

 Got lucky with this one. I've been taking on some pedals at Southside Guitars. I kind of enjoy them.... it's nice when you can find a schematic and even nicer when you can get them to work!


This one is a 1972 Mu-Tron Octave Divider with a cool 70's Miles Davis era ring modulator function. When it arrived it only half functioned (bass only side worked, the rest did nothing!)

I got lucky. I did the routine: changed EVERY electrolytic and tantalum capacitor and cleaned everything thoroughly, touched up the solder joints. 


And yes! it came back to life. No IC changes necessary. But then two out of the three LEDs died!!! So I ordered a kit o' LEDs and replaced all of them. It's ready to go cut tracks in your Miles inspired band or EDM or whatever you wanna do! Go on and get your creativity on! If you buy this one it's a good one. Y'all know me, I'm a strong proponent of changing out those electrolytic caps (exceptions are old fuzz boxes that sound like the customer want's them to sound.... gotta wait till those die otherwise you'll get that "but it had this thing before!!)







Funny demo. I don't know what to do with this one!!







No comments:

Post a Comment