Monday, February 21, 2022

DOD Stereo Chorus Vibrato 565-B pedal. 80's gem!

 Ok.... another pedal. This one was fun. It belongs to a good friend and it's been with him since the 90's. It came sounding rather weak and with a lot of crackly chunder going on. So I put on "The Gentle Side of John Coltrane and in 4 sides (just over 1 1/2 hours) I re-capped it and cleaned it thoroughly. I also changed the LED as the original was going dim. We went with blue cause... why not??



The re-cap was pretty easy except for the nasty double sided circuit board. But the nice thing is I could remove the whole thing just by disconnecting it!



It's funny. I've never worked on a DOD. Financially speaking I would say no unless you love it. These are still cheap as chips. That being said, once I plugged this in to my two baby Magnatones for that stereo glory I found I love this box! Instant 80's inspiration! 



Will I buy one for myself? Doubtful but if I wanted a chorus box this would likely be the one for me! 

Good times baby!!

J






No comments:

Post a Comment