Thursday, October 5, 2017

StayTrem Jazzmaster/Jaguar bridge. Nice!

Just installed one of these today:



British made StayTrem Jazzmaster bridge. This was installed on a Made in Mexico "60's Jazzmaster" by Fender. The correct radius is 7.25". Make sure you don't get the 9.5" one for your Mexican, Japanese or American reissue guitar or your vintage one. It won't work!

My impressions? This is a great product! Super easy to install and the radius is spot on. I may buy one for my '58 myself. I've never had such an easy time setting up a Jazzmaster.

The slots are nice and deep, you can strum nice and hard without the strings popping out. The tone got stronger instantly too.

The big improvement is the string spacing. This is why I'd consider one myself. Mine has custom made brass Mustang style saddles:


Now look at these 2 photos and you'll see quite easily the strings on the StayTrem don't fly over the edge of your fretboard. First mine:


Next, theirs:




Now, I'm so used to mine that it doesn't bug me a bit. But if it bugs you, this bridge is a great solution to a few problems. Better stability, better tone, better sustain and better playability.

Do consider one! I'm a certified Jazzmaster fanatic and it gets a big thumbs up!


One more improvement......

Jazzmasters can gobble strings. Particularly the skinny E and B. I solder the ends on them cause they tend to unravel. Easy and quick trick I learned from Stevie Ray Vaughn's tech in an article about him. I haven't broken a string on mine in a long time and I'm a brute!



JB


No comments:

Post a Comment