Thursday, March 26, 2015

Alamo Montclair Reverb

  Had a rare old amp on the bench today, this little single 12" Alamo Montclair Reverb. Nothing special about the job, just a power switch replacement. But the amp itself is really cool. It's an early hybrid amp, 1/2 tube and 1/2 transistorized. The power amp is loaded with a pair of 6V6 tubes with a single 12AX7 phase inverter. It's about 15 watts and packs a mean lil' punch! The preamp is all transistor and has a nice reverb and decent tremolo. This one was loaded with a Celestion Vintage 30, one of the finest speakers out there in my opinion. Great live speaker. I'd love to hear this with a trashy old Jensen though. That's more my taste....



2 comments:

  1. I have one with a 70s Rola in it with Tunsul Tubes, Throw a compressor and TS-9 inline with a Strat , it screams SRV. Would you know the Oms of this baby? I may go with a Jensen. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is 8 ohms, but I don't remember! It's been a while!!

    ReplyDelete